Florida Dermatology and Skin Cancer Centers is committed to your safety, health and wellbeing. As we continue to monitor COVID-19, we’d like to remind you that FLDSCC remains open, and as always, our employees, patients and community remain our top priority. Because skin cancer is the most common type of cancer in the United States and affects one in five Americans, FLDSCC feels a great responsibility in caring for you, now and always. Left untreated, skin cancer may continue to grow and potentially spread, so it is important to have any suspicious lesion checked as soon as possible. Diagnosing and removing skin cancer when it is first detected means a reduced chance of surgical complications, a smaller scar, and a better outcome.
Here are a few reminders for our patients:
- Your safety remains our primary concern.
- We are continuing to offer regularly scheduled skin exams and comprehensive dermatological services, including Mohs Surgery procedures. We are also continuing to see patients for their scheduled surgical appointments, which applies to patients who have had skin biopsies that revealed a skin cancer diagnosis.
- We remain open and committed to caring for all of your skin care needs including any urgent concerns such as a flare up of a rash, whether it be a new onset or resurgence of an existing condition.
- We have always prided ourselves in the cleanliness of our offices and we are continuing to take extra precautions and measures surrounding the disinfection and sterilization of all common surfaces.
- All of our employees understand that should they show any signs of illness, they are to remain at home.
- Our waiting room is spacious and comfortably allows for adequate “social distancing.”
- As an added precaution, FLDSCC will intermittently close its offices on Fridays beginning April 3, 2020 to allow our teams additional time to conduct preventive sanitation for all our locations.
We’d also like to remind all our patients and ask that if you need to cancel and reschedule your upcoming appointment for any reason, or due to experiencing any symptoms such as respiratory distress, cough or fever, please call us at 863.293.2147 as soon as possible.
As the CDC and its partners continue to monitor the severity of COVID-19, we will communicate any updates and changes to our patients via email, our website, social media channels, and personally by phone. Please stay tuned as the situation with COVID-19 continues to evolve.
If you have any questions, or need to speak with a member of our team, please contact us at 863.293.2147, or visit our website at www.fldscc.com.