As our nation and our community face an incredibly challenging time, Florida Dermatology and Skin Cancer Centers (FLDSCC) would like to update you on our efforts, priorities and actions surrounding the COVID-19 outbreak. As health care personnel, we feel a great responsibility for keeping our community and our patients healthy and safe. As such, since learning of COVID-19’s impact, we have taken extra precautions and measures surrounding the disinfection and sterilization of all our offices. Our top priority is the wellbeing of all our patients and employees, and this is continually being reflected in our practices.
At this time, we will remain open for business at all our locations, and will continue to offer regularly scheduled skin exams and comprehensive dermatological services, including Mohs Surgery procedures. Along with our strict internal guidelines for cleanliness and safety, we ask that you take part in helping reduce the risk of spreading COVID-19 by simply adhering to the following Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)’s guidelines.
1. Reschedule your appointment and stay home if you have the following:
Any symptoms of acute respiratory illness, which include fever, cough, sore throat, runny nose, or shortness of breath. The CDC recommends that you stay home for at least 24-hours after your fever is gone (Your fever should be gone without the need of having to use a fever-reducing medicine). During this time, our office recommends waiting an additional 14 days after experiencing any of the above symptoms to be seen in our office.
2. If you have traveled internationally:
Please reschedule your appointment for at least 14 days after the day you have returned home from any international travel.
3. Clean your hands often:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. As the CDC recommends, this is especially important after blowing your nose, coughing or sneezing, using the restroom, and before or after eating and/or preparing food.
- Use hand sanitizer if soap and water are not available. Be sure to use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol, covering all surfaces of your hands and rubbing them both together until they are dry.
- Cover your coughs and sneezes with a tissue. Use your elbow if tissues are not available. Please do not cough or sneeze directly into your hands.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
We’d like to remind all our patients and ask that if you need to cancel and reschedule your upcoming appointment for any reason, or due to experiencing any symptoms, please call us at 863.293.2147 as soon as possible.
We will continue to navigate these new and unexplored areas with our patients, our employees and our communities remaining at the top of our priorities. We’d like to also remind you that we will continue thorough cleaning, disinfecting and sanitizing all our offices on a daily basis and will continue to go above and beyond the standards that are set forth by the CDC.
As the CDC and its partners continue to monitor data nationally and internationally on the severity of COVID-19, we will communicate any updates and changes to our patients via email, our website, and social media channels. Please stay tuned as the situation with COVID-19 continues to evolve.
If you have any questions, or need to speak with a member of our team, please contact us at 863.293.214, or visit our website at www.fldscc.com.
We send our warm wishes for good health and safety; we look forward to assisting you with your dermatology needs.